VB152 was commissioned on 5 March 1945 at NAAS Manteo. Initial equipment was the SB2C-4. In early April a move was made to NAS Wildwood, followed a month later by a transfer to NAAF Groton, where the squadron joined the rest of the air group. At Groton some SB2C-5s were made available. Training activities during this period included carquals aboard Card and rocket training at Martha's Vineyard.
In early August Air Group 152 began transferring to NAAS Brown Field on the west coast, but the move was not completed until after the Japanese surrender. The squadron was decommissioned on 21 September 1945.
C.O.  LtCdr H.R. White